Sheltered Work Opportunities Project
A community where mental health does not define us.
We promote therapeutic horticulture as a basis to provide realistic work experience in a non-pressured environment, allowing those struggling with their mental health the opportunity to flourish.
- Welcoming – our community is always pleased to see its members
- Listening – we make time to listen to each other’s problems, stories and successes; peer support is invaluable and is encouraged and facilitated
- Compassionate and non-judgemental – we respect everyone and see the person behind the diagnosis
- Practical – we provide and share skills and advice that can be used in everyday life
- Diversity and inclusivity – everyone is treated equally and fairly, irrespective of their age, disability, ethnicity, religion, gender and sexual orientation
- Empowerment – all are encouraged and supported to fulfil their potential